DEAN R. LEBOEUF
Dean R. LeBoeuf is the managing partner at Brooks, LeBoeuf, Bennett, Foster & Gwartney, P.A. He focuses on complicated civil litigation in personal injury matters, including accidents involving negligent motor vehicle drivers, medical malpractice cases, and nursing home abuse and neglect. He graduated in 1978 with honors from Florida State University with a political science degree and minors in accounting and economics. Mr. LeBoeuf then graduated from Florida State University College of Law in 1981. He entered private practice with the law firm of Brooks, Callahan, and Phillips before becoming the managing partner of Brooks & LeBoeuf in 1987. Since then, he directs the operation and growth of the firm.
His accomplishments and awards are notable and quite extraordinary. He has been honored as the trial lawyer of the year by the American Board of Trial Advocates – Tallahassee Chapter, served as President of the Tallahassee Bar Association in 2003- 2004, is a very active member of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers (Eagle Benefactor) and the American Trial Lawyers Association. He was appointed to the Second Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee and has served as the Chairman of the Leon County Bench Bar Committee. He has also authored several articles for the Florida Bar and has lectured extensively in civil litigation and trial practice. He has served on several professional and community boards of directors, including the Bond Community Health Center, Community Christian School, Pembridge Place Homeowners Association and the Florida Bar Grievance Committee.
Mr. LeBoeuf is AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest lawyer rating available based upon confidential reviews by local lawyers and judges for several years, he served as a statewide elected representative for the Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, and he has handled several high-profile cases throughout the State of Florida. He has been named by Florida Trend Magazine as one Florida’s Legal Elite (among the top 1.8 percent of attorneys in the state of Florida). Law & Politics Magazine also repeatedly recognized him as a Super Lawyer among the top five percent of attorneys in the state, using peer review balloting and a blue ribbon panel as its selection process. He has also received national recognition in connection with several high-profile cases he has handled throughout his career.
Dean also serves on the board of directors for the Capital Area Chapter of the Red Cross. He and his wife, Carolyn, enjoy traveling, skiing, diving and going to the beach with their two adult children and their families.
- Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctor (1981)
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Florida Super Lawyers (2006 – 2009, 2011 – 2017)
- Florida’s Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, American Board of Trial Advocates (Tallahassee Chapter)
- Tallahassee Bar Association (President, 2003 – 2004)
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers (Eagle Benefactor)
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Second Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee
- Leon County Bench Bar Committee (prior Chairman)
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee
- Capital Area Chapter of the Red Cross (Board of Directors)
- Community Christian School (Board of Directors)
- Bond Community Health Center (Board of Directors)
- Pembridge Place Homeowners Association (Board of Directors)