JOHN M. LEACE
John Leace joined the firm, as a partner, in 2012 and became a shareholder in 2018. John’s path toward partnership at BLBF&G is unique in that his relationship with the firm started out as that of a client. John retained the firm to represent his family in a medical malpractice case after his infant daughter was catastrophically injured by medical negligence. As the case progressed, a bond formed among the attorneys and, after a successful outcome, John joined the firm so that he could help other families in similar situations.
John, from Orlando, graduated with a Juris Doctorate Degree from the Florida State University College of Law in 1998. Following graduation from law school, John served the community as an Assistant State Attorney in the Second Judicial Circuit. During his time as a prosecutor, John was assigned to the Gadsden and Leon County offices. In 2002, John decided to utilize the knowledge and skills he had developed as a prosecutor, to benefit individuals. He founded the Law Offices of John M. Leace, PA and focused his attention in the area of criminal defense. As a criminal defense attorney, John has handled cases ranging in severity from traffic offenses to capital offenses, including several high profile cases. Since joining the firm in 2012, John has expanded his areas of practice to include: personal injury, civil litigation and medical malpractice.
Mr. Leace is a member in good standing with the Florida Bar and is licensed in Federal Court in the Northern District of Florida. John has earned the AV Preeminent Rated Attorney designation from Martindale-Hubbell. The AV Preeminent rating is a significant accomplishment and a testament to the fact that a lawyer’s peers and judges rank him at the highest level of professional excellence. Mr. Leace was also selected to be among the “Top 100 Trial Lawyers” in the United States by the National Trial Lawyers Association and the National Association of Distinguished Council has named as being in the “Top One Percent” of criminal defense attorneys. He is also an active member of several professional organizations.
In addition to his professional accomplishments, John is active in the community and committed to charitable works. He serves on the Board of Directors for Independence Landing and previously served as the Chairman of the Board of Directors for the Ernie Sims Big HITS Foundation and as a Board member for the local branch of the March of Dimes.
- Florida State University, Bachelor of Arts (1995)
- Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctor (1998)
- The Florida Bar Association
- Tallahassee Bar Association
- The Florida Justice Association
- The Capital City Justice Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Tallahassee FACDL
- AV Preeminent® Rating 2007-2018, Martindale-Hubbell®
- Top 100 Criminal Trial Lawyers, National Trial Lawyers Association
- Nation’s Top One Percent, National Association of Distinguished Counsel
- 2018 Top Lawyers in Florida, The Legal Network
- America’s Most Honored Professionals, American Registry
- Client’s Choice, AVVO
- Board of Directors, Independence Landing, 2018-Present
- Board of Directors, Tallahassee March of Dimes, 2015-2017
- Board of Directors and Chairperson, Ernie Sims “Big Hits” Foundation, 2014-2018