DEAN R. LEBOEUF
Dean R. LeBoeuf is the managing partner at Brooks, LeBoeuf, Foster, Gwartney, Leace & Hobbs, P.A. He focuses his practice on complicated civil litigation involving personal injury and all wrongful death matters, including accidents involving negligent motor vehicle drivers, medical malpractice cases, nursing home abuse, and neglect cases. He graduated in 1978 with honors from Florida State University with a political science degree and minors in accounting and economics. Mr. LeBoeuf then graduated from Florida State University College of Law in 1981. He entered private practice with the law firm of Brooks, Callahan, and Phillips before becoming the managing partner of Brooks, LeBoeuf, Foster, Gwartney, Leace & Hobbs, P.A. in 1987. Since then, he directs the operation and growth of the firm.
Mr. LeBoeuf has been honored as the trial lawyer of the year by the American Board of Trial Advocates – Tallahassee Chapter, served as President of the Tallahassee Bar Association in 2003- 2004, is a very active member of the Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers (Eagle Benefactor), and the American Trial Lawyers Association. He was appointed to the Second Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee and has served as the Chairman of the Leon County Bench Bar Committee. He has also authored several articles for the Florida Bar and has lectured extensively in civil litigation and trial practice. He has served on several professional and community boards of directors, including the Bond Community Health Center, Community Christian School, Pembridge Place Homeowners Association, the Florida Bar Grievance Committee and the capital area chapter of the American Red Cross.
Mr. LeBoeuf is AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®, the highest lawyer rating available based upon confidential reviews by local lawyers and judges. He has been named by Florida Trend Magazine as one of Florida’s Legal Elite (among the top 1.8 percent of attorneys in the state of Florida). Law & Politics Magazine has also repeatedly recognized him as a Super Lawyer among the top five percent of attorneys in the state, using peer review balloting and a blue ribbon panel as its selection process.
Dean and his wife Carolyn, who is also a lawyer, are committed to the fight against human trafficking. They have started a jewelry business and all of the profits from that venture will be used to fight against injustice throughout the world. When they are not working, Dean and Carolyn like to travel and go to the beach with their two adult children and three grandchildren.
- Florida State University College of Law, Juris Doctor (1981)
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
- AV Preeminent® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
- Florida Super Lawyers, 2006-2009 and 2011 – 2019
- Florida’s Legal Elite, Florida Trend Magazine
- Trial Lawyer of the Year, American Board of Trial Advocates (Tallahassee Chapter)
- Tallahassee Bar Association (President, 2003 – 2004)
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers (Eagle Benefactor)
- American Trial Lawyers Association
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Second Judicial Circuit Professionalism Committee
- Leon County Bench Bar Committee (prior Chairman)
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee
- Capital Area Chapter of the Red Cross (Board of Directors)
- Community Christian School (Board of Directors)
- Bond Community Health Center (Board of Directors)
- Pembridge Place Homeowners Association (Board of Directors)