Violations of Probation
Violations of Probation
COUNSEL FROM OUR TRUSTED TALLAHASSEE CRIMINAL DEFENSE LAWYERS
If you have been charged with a violation of probation, be it based on a parole violation or a new law offense, you’re facing a case unlike what you have seen in the past. You’re no longer entitled to bond and you’re no longer entitled to a jury. Probation violations are cases that move much more rapidly through the criminal justice system based largely in part because of the things you are no longer entitled to.
Because of these reasons, it is critical that you hire proven defense counsel to navigate you probation violation case. At Brooks, LeBoeuf, Bennett, Foster & Gwartney, P.A., we know the challenges criminal defendants face while out on parole and what the stakes are for them when they are accused of violating their probation. Our skilled Tallahassee criminal defense attorneys are ready to bring assertive and effective counsel to protecting your rights and freedoms.
Bring more than six decades of combined criminal defense experience to your parole violation case. Call us at (850) 222-2000 today.
THE CHALLENGES OF PROBATION VIOLATION CASES
Violations of probation are not judged on an innocence or guilt beyond a reasonable doubt standard. They are judged on a more likely than not standard meaning is it more likely that you did what they are accusing you of, or less likely. This means that the accused is at a disadvantage in these cases.
Violation of probation charges can transpire from a number of reasons including:
- A failed drug test
- Failure to report to your probation officer
- Failing to inform your probation officer of a recent move
- Missing a mandatory counseling session
Because you have already been convicted of a crime, you are afforded less protection from the courts so it is extremely important to have legal representation from the very first moments of being charged. You have TOO MUCH AT STAKE not to protect your legal rights.
Time is of the essence—start exploring your options ASAP. Contact us today to request a free and confidential consultation with our team.
Our Clients say it best!
- “I will always remember this and his professionalism”Dean Leboeuf represented me a long time ago and consulted that I only needed a public defender. He took the time to come to the court room and let the judge know that I was seeking other counsel. He did not charge me for this. I will always remember this and D. Wu
- “I do know that I won’t have to struggle financially and for that I will always be grateful”I do know that I won’t have to struggle financially and for that I will always be grateful to you and your hard work. You listened to me as I outlined what my parameters were and then you went about obtaining the very best outcome for me within those guidelines. I am grateful that you have made it possible for me to enjoy the remainder of my life with my family and friends. Patty
- “Knowing that the legal aspect of this nightmare is in the hands of someone”Knowing that the legal aspect of this nightmare is in the hands of someone with your knowledge and talent takes a weight off my shoulders. Thank you. David
- “Thank you for all that you did.”Thank you for all that you did. For the last two years you stood by our side and gave us the guidance and confidence we needed to get through. Jenna
- “You helped us preserve family harmony at every juncture.”Thank you for navigating us through the torturous path…you helped us preserve family harmony at every juncture. Paul
- “Words cannot express the gratitude”Words cannot express the gratitude I have for you taking some of my burden off of me. Jason
- "I appreciated his honesty"I spoke with over a dozen criminal defense attorneys before selecting John Leace. From our first meeting, I knew that he was the right one for my loved one’s case. He was straightforward and let me know that the case was going to be an uphill battle. I appreciated his honesty. Before hiring John Leace the public defender told my loved one that it would be in his best interest if he accepted a 30-year plea. We braced for what that would mean for his future and decided to look at alternative options. John was able to reduce his time by 20 years essentially giving him a life and a future that we never dreamt would be possible. I will never be able to express how grateful I am for John's hard work and dedication. From day one John answered all of my questions and helped guide us through the process. He even took time during his family vacation to give me a quick call and discuss some of my concerns. If you are looking for an honest, hardworking and dedicated attorney I would highly recommend John Leace. Rikki S.
- "Mr. Scott has been amazing in this difficult time of my life"Mr. Scott has been amazing in this difficult time of my life. I thought that my case would take a lot longer than it did. He was very informative and walk me through the whole process step by step. The office took care of everything. My tragedy happened over the Christmas holidays and he took time on his vacation to give me a call and discuss my case. Many thanks to all of you there that to the time out to listen as I express my feelings. Stacie D.
- "I highly recommend John Leace"I highly recommend John Leace. Working with John Leace has been a pleasure, he kept his word and help me get the best outcome on my situation! He will not steer you in the wrong direction. His staff is also very helpful, Jessica checks in with you periodically to see if you have any questions and to keep you updated with what is going on. Alyssa P.
- "They made us feel like family, like our best interest was their motivation"They made us feel like family, like our best interest was their motivation, not just a paycheck to them. It was a very stressful time for us and they really helped by making our experience with them easy and as stress free as it could be and closed things in a very timely fashion. Thank you all very much! Edward S.
- "I love working for this firm"I love working for this firm. They are always extremely helpful and when I talk to clients or former clients, there is always such positive feedback. The attorneys here are so knowledgeable and yet very grounded and personable. I wouldn't want to work anywhere else! Ryan M.
- "Dean Laboeuf represented me a long time ago and consulted that I only needed a public defender"Dean Laboeuf represented me a long time ago and consulted that I only needed a public defender. you took the time to come to the court room and let the judge know that I was seeking other counsel. you did not charge me a dime. I will always remember this and your professionalism Dave W.
- "Attorney John Leace and Company was very helpful for my son’s case"Attorney John Leace and Company was very helpful for my son’s case. They quickly reacted and assisted my son and have been readily available throughout the case They kept their word ending with a positive outcome for my son. They have been very generous and thoughtful during hard and stressful times. I would recommend John Leese anytime to anyone. Thank you again John for everything! Suzanne T.
- "I knew that he was the right one for my loved one’s case"I spoke with over a dozen criminal defense attorneys before selecting John Leace. From our first meeting, I knew that he was the right one for my loved one’s case. He was straightforward and let me know that the case was going to be an uphill battle. I appreciated his honesty. Before hiring John Leace the public defender told my loved one that it would be in his best interest if he accepted a 30-year plea. We braced for what that would mean for his future and decided to look at alternative options. John was able to reduce his time by 20 years essentially giving him a life and a future that we never dreamt would be possible. I will never be able to express how grateful I am for John's his hard work and dedication. From day one John answered all of our questions and helped guide us through the process. He even took time during his family vacation to give me a quick call and discuss some of my concerns. If you are looking for an honest, hardworking and dedicated attorney I would highly recommend John Leace. Erica
- "Nothing short of amazing"Nothing short of amazing. This man battled 207 felony counts the State of Florida had charge me with on Medicaid fraud. Needless to say I was overcharged and the accusations were blown completely out of proportion. Thank you John for taking my case and having such a tremendous outcome. Charlie
- "John was a huge help to me"John was a huge help to me. Not only did he guide me through the legal process but he was a calming voice of reason. Having been blindsided by something, I had no answers but after sitting with John and his team, I instantly had some. John immediately went to work for me by contacting the authorities and getting to the bottom of it. John also stayed in touch through the entire process and always took my calls.. I can't begin to express my appreciation for John's expertise, professionalism and efforts! John was able to help us with every part of our case. We had never had any dealing with the court system and we were nervous and overwhelmed with what to do. When we met with him he made us feel at ease and helped us with our fears. He told us what we needed to do to get the ball rolling. John and his office group kept us informed as the case played out. When the court date came John was able to help us to obtain a lesser charge which were very much appreciated. John is an excellent example of how I think a lawyer and person should be in helping people in need. Mike
- "He was good as to keeping us informed"I hired Mr. Leace to represent my son in 3 Felony case in Gadsden and Leon County (a case of mistaken identity). He was good as to keeping us informed as the status and the progression of my son's cases. Very professional and thorough with his investigation and explanations. I am so happy that my son's cases were DISMISSED! THANKS AGAIN MR. LEACE!!!! I retained Mr. Leace to handle a very delicate personal issue that went to trial. He was very compassionate in his dealings with my family outside the courtroom and extremely professional once inside the courtroom. Would HIGHLY recommend him and continue to use his services today. Scott
- "John stood by me through a 1 1/2 year criminal court case"John stood by me through a 1 1/2 year criminal court case. He was honest, communicative and a pleasure to have as my attorney. He had the experience and knowledge to know how to proceed with my case and, more importantly, how to deal with the DA in my case. The outcome of my case ended up being far better than I expected. Not only was he my attorney, but he treated me like a friend and provided me with other resources throughout my case, to assist with other personal problems that arose during the case. I highly recommend John as an attorney in any case you might have. He is top notch and will give you the best outcome for your current situation. Keith
- "YES I RECOMMEND THIS PROFESSIONAL COOL HEADED GENIOUS!!!!!"I HIRED LEACE BACK IN 2011 IN LEON COUNTY AND FOR JACKSON COUNTY.FOR 6 FELONY CHARGES HE WAS REALLY REASONABLE.HES A STRAIGHT FORWARD GUY AND THATS WHAT I LIKED ABOUT HIM THE MOST.WHEN HE TELLS YOU TO BE COOL HE WILL HANDLE IT MEANS HE WILL HANDLE IT.THE STATE WANTED TO PLAY HARD BALL SO LEACE SET MY CASES FOR SPEEDY TRIALS AND THE STATE BUCKLED.HE GOT ALL OF MY CHARGES DROPPED AND PLEAD ME OUT TO A MISDEMEANOR AFTER ASKING ME IF I WANTED TO LOL I DID JUST TO BE DONE WITH THE WHOLE ORDEAL ASAP!THANKS AGAIN JOHN I STILL OWE YOU!!!!! YES I RECOMMEND THIS PROFESSIONAL COOL HEADED GENIOUS!!!!! Harry
- "He proved to be a highly skilled, professional, and courteous attorney"Mr. Leace represented me in my DUI defense. He proved to be a highly skilled, professional, and courteous attorney, and I am extremely satisfied with the outcome of my case. Mr. Leace always promptly returned my phone calls and took the necessary time to address any inquiries I had about my case, no matter how trivial. I would highly recommend Mr. Leace's services if you are in need of a criminal defense attorney. Truly a great guy! John is a very knowledgeable lawyer with many years of experience in criminal defense. He aggressively protects his clients and passion is noticed immediately. Thanks John. JB
- "John represented me as professionally and advantageously as possible"John represented me as professionally and advantageously as possible, I have the utmost confidence that he did the best thing possible for me at all stages given the environment he operated in. If a serious need arose he would be the first person I would speak to and think of, even with having relocated 500 miles away, I wouldn't hesitate a moment to recommend him; the largest regret I have in the way I handled the case John represented me in was not retaining him to represent me in the portion that was heard in South Florida, instead opting for local counsel, who left me well aware of the difference between his and Johns quality of work. I have since had much to do with many non criminal attorneys, he has stood out as a man of his word, one who set the expectations just below what he delivered 100% of the time, a straightshooter. In my eyes his professionalism and demeanor not only benefited the ultimate outcome of my case but as a young man, it truly aided in my ability to cope with accusations and consequences I never thought I'd face. I don't know what I would have done without his involvement, he always told the bad news first, was straightforward about it, and would follow it up with what he knew he could deliver to improve the situation, he always delivered if he said he would. I cannot thank him enough for his help during a bizarre time in my life. Spencer
- "He was willing to work with me tirelessly"These days it is crucial to hire an attorney who doesn't shy away from pursuing your case to the fullest extent of the law. Too few defense lawyers are willing to take the time to take a case to trial, and are instead content to resolve the issue through plea bargaining. This is NOT the case with Mr. Leace. He was willing to work with me tirelessly in order to pursue the best possible outcome, all the way through a jury trial. I am happy to say that his prowess in the court room helped to return a verdict of not guilty. Mr Leace's attention to detail and excellent preparation were more than anyone could ask for, and I highly recommend him as THE choice for criminal defense in the Tallahassee area. Dan
- "Mr Leace did a fantastic job both times"Never put yourself in a situation where you need to deal with law enforcement. However, should events put yourself in this predicament, i.e. an altercation in a public place, always hire an attorney who will be a wolverine but who also knows how to plea bargain with the district attorney. John Lease is such an attorney. Although the consequences of my case are not yet completed, I feel that he is very capable. Henceforth, I hope to deal with him on a non-professional basis. Mr Leace did a fantastic job both times I've used him in the past. He was very reasonable, helpful and understanding. Probably the best characteristic was that he didn't sugar coat reality and told me what I was dealing with. words cannot express how i feel about this lawyer he is excellent everything about john leace. Michaelle
- "John Leace is a phenomenal lawyer"John Leace is a phenomenal lawyer. I went to him almost in tears over a criminal charge that consisted of two felonies I was being charged with, and had very little money. Mr. Leace completely put me at ease, and worked with me on price and payments. He was extreamly informative, confident, and very professional, and I never had to attend one court hearing. After several month of deliberating on my account, Mr. Leace got all of my charges thrown out of court. I would definitely recommend him to anyone, and would be happy to use him again if needed. Knowledgeable and experienced attorney who takes the time to answer all your questions, with the upmost respect and integrity, continuously keeping you up-to-date with your case, and is truly dedicated to you. A great professional to have in your corner. Very patient in helping me understand the court process, and made sure to keep me informed on the progress of my case. Ryan did an excellent job for us . A large insurance company (confidentiality clause in settlement) did not to pay our claim after a fire , offered us nothing and then $5,000.00 at mediation and then a month Ryan achieved policy limits (six figures , again confidentiality clause) for us. Gordon
- "Quick response and very helpful"Quick response and very helpful. I can't thank Ryan enough for his help and expertise. Ryan was professional, empathetic, and kind. He worked very hard for my case and was very prudent and ethical. I do believe that certain items were vague and could have been more transparent. Ryan has been our employment and labor law attorney for many years. He is an experienced, dedicated attorney with a great work ethic. He fights diligently for our Company and our Company’s best interest. We are pleased to have Ryan representing us and we highly recommend him for all legal matters. Joni
- "His professional guidance has eliminated and/or mitigated nearly every instance prior to litigation"Mr. Hobbs provides expert counsel to our non-profit company with 60+ employees and more than a thousand contracted professional staff. His professional guidance has eliminated and/or mitigated nearly every instance prior to litigation. As CEO of a social services company, this resource is invaluable given our high dependency on professional level employees to make complex decisions affecting the safety of our clients. I highly recommend Mr. Hobbs and regard him as the best and brightest in this arena. Mike
- "Best Lawyer in Tallahassee for Criminal Defense & FSU Hearings!"The right "pitbull" when you need a great defense attorney. Matt is very professional and think outside the box. He knows when to put pressure on the other parties and when to back off. He is the right "pitbull" to get when you are defending yourself. I highly recommend him! Best Lawyer in Tallahassee for Criminal Defense & FSU Hearings! If you are charged with a crime or accused of violating FSU's Student Conduct Code, you NEED to hire Matt Foster! I was falsely accused of a serious violation of FSU's Student Conduct Code and Matt represented me at the FSU Hearing. The stakes were very high as I faced expulsion from the university. Matt made sure FSU respected my legal rights, and as a result of my hearing, I was found not guilty! Matt is extremely ethical and truly cares about his clients. His expertise and knowledge of the law are top-notch. His firm's billing practices are very fair. While hiring a lawyer is always expensive, I promise you won't be sorry if you hire Matt Foster. He gave me my money's worth... and then some! Matt represented me in a FSU hearing, an injunction, and a criminal case. The case should have never been charged in the first place, but my first attorney dropped the ball. He fixed (as much as he could) the mess my old attorney left me with. He was quick in answering my questions, ethical in his actions, and fair in his billing. Hiring an attorney is never a fun process, but he walked me through the process, provided a fair assessment of the situation, and did what needed to be done. I wish I had hired Matt in the first place instead of someone else who messed up the case. If you need a solid, ethical, and smart attorney, hire Matt Foster.